When making your Back to School to-do list, don’t forget to add a visit to the optometrists. Eyesight is the most important of our senses. 80% of learning comes from eyesight and vision problems can impact a child’s development.
- Eyesight is involved in our ability to develop and to learn
- Eyesight is used for coordination such as walking, sports and playing
Children don’t always comment on whether they are struggling with their vision. If you notice any of the signs below, please call us to arrange an appointment:
- frequent rubbing of the eyes
- not being able to see objects at a distance
- trouble reading the blackboard
- holding a book very close to read
- sitting too close to the TV
- complaints of headaches
Even if your child does not complain of any eyesight problems, we recommend you give your children the best advantage this school year by scheduling a comprehensive eye examination before school starts to make sure their vision is in top shape for learning.
The Gordon Turner Optometrists Team